Easy Anti-Aging Home Remedies For Your Skin That Work

Girl applying skin care home remedyWho isn’t trying to save money these days? This can be difficult, especially when searching for skin care products for aging skin. You might be surprised to find that many great skin care ingredients are already in your home. When you aren’t ready to shell out money for expensive products, here are some easy home remedies that will help with common problems of aging skin.

1. Recipe for Honey and Lemon Mask

The best kitchen ingredient that help lighten the appearance of unwanted age spots is lemon juice. Lemon juice is rich in citric and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) which are both known for their skin lightening properties. When the acidic lemons are mixed with the soothing properties of honey, it is a great combination to naturally lighten the look of your skin. Be sure to stay out of the sun with any lemon juice products.

Mix 1 tsp of lemon juice with 1 tsp of honey

Directions: Gently massage into the skin and leave on for 20 minutes before washing off. Use every night for 1 month. Be sure to avoid the eyes and use sunscreen when in direct sunlight. If the lemon is too irritating, try adding more honey to the mixture.

2. Recipe for Cucumber and Yogurt Mask

Plain yogurt contains many ingredients that can help firm your skin. The lactic acid will aid in exfoliation of the dead skin cells and encourage turnover of skin cells. Yogurt also contains natural lipids and minerals that bring proper cellular nutrition and moisture. You can also add grated cucumber to help tighten pore size.

Grate 1/8 cup of cucumber and mix into 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.

Directions: Liberally apply yogurt to entire face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water and then splash cool water on face. Use 3-5 nights per week.

3. Recipe for Cocoa, Honey, Oatmeal, and Heavy Cream Mask

One of the richest sources of polyphenolic anti-oxidants is cocoa. It helps reverse signs of aging by fighting UV induced oxidation. When added with other natural moisturizers, cocoa helps renew your skin after daily damage from the sun, pollution, and natural aging.

Mix 1/4 cup of cocoa, 3 tablespoons of heavy cream, and 1/4 cup of honey. Lastly, mix in 3 teaspoons of oatmeal powder.

Directions: Gently apply thick mask to entire face. After 10 minutes, wash off with warm water.

4. Recipe for Olive Oil and Avocado Night Lotion

Dry skin desperately needs moisture and lipids (oils) to enforce the natural barriers in skin and soften the feel. Olive oil and avocados are great natural oils for your skin. Olive oil is high in anti-oxidant polyphenols and avocados provide rich support for the deep layers of skin. Both of these ingredients give your skin a nice drink throughout the night and replenish necessary lipids to smooth your finish.

Puree 1 tablespoon of Avocado. Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and 1/2 tsp of lemon juice. Mix well until completely uniform.

Directions: Apply a thin layer of lotion to the entire face and leave on the entire night. Rinse off in the morning.

Your Turn:

Which homemade remedies have you tried in the past? Have they worked?

12 thoughts on “Easy Anti-Aging Home Remedies For Your Skin That Work”

• Maria

Egg whites are also very effective when it comes to natural anti aging skin care. Personally, I use it on a regular basis.

That is very attention-grabbing, You are an overly professional blogger.
    I have joined your rss feed and stay up for in quest of extra of your wonderful post.
    Additionally, I've shared your web site in my social networks

• yvonne Ngwane

I v been using egg white n honey to minimise wrinkles nd exfoliate with brown sugar n mayonnaise it works wonders.

• yvonne Ngwane

I would like to try Bio renew unfotunately I'm in South africa how can I get free samples js to try new thing. Thank you t

• Jayne

I use vitamin E oil on my face at night. also a firm believer is skin needling which I do at home twice a week. will leave your face a little pink and is slightly uncomfortable - no pain, no gain. straight after I gently rub collagen liquid. works really well and much cheaper than botox. another tip: epsom salts in a warm bath gets rid of toxins very effectively. I've tried everything and could keep going but these are my best tips.

• Thembi

I am in south africa which best anti ageing cream or pills can i use to lighten my face and reduce wrinkles at the same time

• Shruti Bhatia

Aging is inevitable, but aging in style is not. These fabulous home remedies are amazing. I have myself used honey and oatmeal and it was very effective face mask.

• Nilou

I use retinoid at night, would the honey and lemon mask irritate my skin when I wash it off and apply the retinoid?

• Maneesha

I put some olive oil on my face before going to bed then wash it out thoroughly with just water the next morning which leaves it feeling soft and visibly refereshed

• Sharon

Be careful out there with home remedies... one time I used avocado as a mask and broke out in hives all over my neck--so weird as I eat avocado all the time without a problem. Also, olive oil is not necessarily great for the skin, I'd be careful on that one check this study out from pub med, it talks about it's effects on the integrity of the stratum corneum: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22995032
    A better choice for facial skin are ORGANIC oils that are high in linoleic acid. They don't clog the pores as much. Here's a great resource on the make up of different oils: http://www.minimalistbeauty.com/oils-specifically-for-acne-prone-skin/ While I absolutely LOVE coconut oil for moisturizing my body, I wouldn't use it on my face as it's much more likely to clog pores.
    Also, coconut oil is also an awesome deodorant when mixed with a little baking soda and beeswax, better than any of the store bought stuff I've used.

• vicky

I made my own mask, Honey a few drops, cucumber juice,lemon juice,and mayo it feels so gd leave on for 20minutes then wash face with warm water do it 3times a week or more before bed.